- Fort Joy is a main-quest in Divinity: Original Sin 2
- The quest automatically acquired when the game starts
- Suggested level: 3+
Find a way to escape Fort joy.
There are at least 2 main routes you can take to escape Fort Joy
- By lowering the bridge at the back of Fort Joy
- You can get there through The Teleporter quest (with a lot of sneaking)
- A more straightforward approach is to kill the magisters at the gate and open it with their key. If you go north once inside the gates you can find Paladin Cork fighting magisters.
- You can also use Teleportation to get one of your party members to the second level of Fort Joy near Mona. You can drop a ladder there so your party can follow up.
- By entering the Prison of Fort Joy and leaving through the sewers or with a boat.
- The quests The Imprisoned Elf, Withermoore's Soul Jar (Ancient Tunnel) or removing your collar and getting caught (The The Arena of Fort Joy) will end you up in Fort Joy's Prison.
- From there you can either escape with a boat (Nothing But Child's Play) or
- find Kniles the Flenser. His key will open the sewer gates leading to the backside of Fort joy.
Tips & Tricks
- It's advisable to do all quests even if you already have escaped Fort Joy since there is going to be a difficulty spike in the following areas.
- You still can go back to Fort Joy once you have escaped but the magisters may be hostile.
- There is a letter in Dallis' room about a group called the Seekers who are helping people to escape Fort Joy. Her room is near the area you can enter through the ladder (or teleportation)