- The Silent One is a side-quest in Divinity: Original Sin 2
- You can acquire this quest when you discover the vault during The Forgotten and the Damned Quest
- Suggested level: 15
- Act 2
We have entered a vault that lies beneath a blazing sculpture. What lies within...?
- Brother Morgan
- Little Girl
- Buttons the cat
- Enter the Vault.
- Cast Spirit Vision and talk to Brother Morgan.
- Talk to Brother Morgan and agree to help her (or lie) and he will open the Door.
- If you picked to wrong dialog choices you can consume his spirit and open the Door yourself with a silver lever
- Inside you will find a little girl in chains guarded by her cat.
- Either win the persuasion checks (intelligence) or kill the poor kitty.
- Destroy the 4 source chains and interact with the girl.
- The quest is finished when at least one of your party members can win a persuasion check and she is teleported to Lady Vengeance for further treatment. The quest remains incomplete If all of your party members fail.
- Talk to Brother Morgan to collect your Reward.
- It is not possible to take Buttons the cat with you to the Lady Vengeance as well. It will never find it's mistress :(
Talked Priest Vault002
We met the spirit of Brother Morgan, who had been guarding a possessed little girl in the vaults. He asked us to help her if we could.
We broke the seal of the Blazing Sculpture, revealing a way into a hidden vault.
We read a book reporting on the failed exorcism of a child. It seems that the demonic parasite was too strong, and that all traces of the child's soul seemed to have faded from sight.
Used Broken Lever
We found a broken lever that controls entry into the inner chamber of a vault. It seems to be missing a shaft component. We will have to find a way to make the lever functional once more.
We repaired the broken lever by placing a silver shaft in its mechanism.
Used Enchanted Lever
Some sort of force is preventing us from using the lever. We'll need to figure out just what it is that is hindering us.
Brother S V
One of us consumed the Source of Brother Morgan's spirit, ending his control over the lever that controls the inner chamber of the vault.
We persuaded the spirit of Brother Morgan to let us enter the inner chamber of the vault.
We managed to open the door leading into the inner chamber of the vault.
We found a catatonic little girl lying the heart of the vault, bound by otherworldly chains attached to four pillars. Her undead cat, Buttons, remained at her side.
We killed Buttons the undead cat.
We persuaded Buttons to let us help the little girl.
We destroyed the pillars that held the catatonic little girl.
We decided to bring the little girl back to the Lady Vengeance. Perhaps it will be possible to banish the evil entity that lurks within her at a later stage.
16. Left Region
We have ventured on from Reaper's Coast, without investigating this matter any further.