Shadow over Driftwood is a side-quest in Divinity: Original Sin 2
- You can acquire this quest from Lohar in the Undertavern.
- Suggested level: 10+
- Act 2
Lohar has asked us to search the abandoned house of Mordus, located at the edge of Driftwood.
- Go to Mordus house west of the tavern.
- Tell that dwarf blocking the hatch that Lohar sent you and proceed to enter Mordus basement.
- There are two dwarfs trapped behind a stone door. Find the handle on a pillar and activate it to open the door.
- After you talked to the dwarfs continue your search in Mordus basement.
- Note: There are traps inside this room that will close that stone door again. There is a hidden switch on a figurehead you can press to open the doors.
- You will find a letter that is instructing Mordus to assassinate Lohar behind some crates you have to move away.
- Report back to Lohar with the new information and he will mark Wrecker's Cave on your map where he believes Mordus is hiding.
- On your way to the Cave, you will encounter several ambushes and the encounters inside the cave can be hard- so be prepared.
- Find Mordus inside the Wrecker's Cave and fight him.
Report back to Lohar
Tips & Tricks
- Killing Mordus will net you an amulet that can open a hatch in this area. The gem you will find inside is important for the A Taste of Freedom quest.
- You can use the Teleport Pyramids to quickly reunite your party members.
- You can also use waypoint travel to reunite your party.
- You can avoid splitting the party by going around the troll bridge and use teleport to get on the beach near the waypoint and go into the cave from the backside.
- You can dig up a secret tunnel right before the ambush and get into the depths of the cave without our party getting seperated.
- a key that opens a chest on the second floor of magister's barracks.
Abandoned House House found
We came upon an abandoned house in Driftwood.
Abandoned House Dwarf Welcome
At the abandoned house in Driftwood, we found a dishevelled dwarf blocking our passage to the cellars beneath. After mentioning Lohar to her, she allowed us to descend.
Abandoned House Dwarf Fail
At the abandoned house in Driftwood, we encountered a dishevelled dwarf by the name of Glenna Graeme. She refuses to let us pass her to enter the cellars beneath the house.
Abandoned House Dwarf Keeper Killed
We killed the dwarf protecting the cellar door. It seems as though she was no common dwarf. She was protecting someone - or something.
Abandoned House Entered Cellar
We have gained access to the cellar beneath the abandoned house. We ought to search it thoroughly in case it hides any secrets.
Abandoned House Prisoner Dwarf Release
We found a pair of dwarven thugs trapped in a hidden chamber within the cellar. We allowed them to go free.
Abandoned House Prisoner Dwarf Kill
We found a pair of dwarven thugs trapped in a hidden chamber within the cellar. We decided to kill them.
Abandoned House Note Read
We found a letter addressed to Mordus in his chambers. It mentioned his attempt to assassinate Lohar at the behest of some unknown figure. It also mentioned some sort of ritual - 'Mord'Akaim'. Lohar will no doubt be interested in seeing this letter for himself.
Abandoned House Note Delivered
We have delivered Mordus' letter to Lohar.
Lohar implied that his associates 'acquired' something very dangerous from a Magister ship, and that it was being stored in their base of operations in caves outside of Driftwood.
The letter was enough to convince Lohar that Mordus is plotting against him. He has bid us to find and kill Mordus. He told us where he believes Mordus must be hiding - some coastal caves outside of Driftwood, that the dwarves had been using as a base. He marked their location for us on our map.
Abandoned House Note Delivered Second
It seems as though someone else managed to deliver Mordus' letter ahead of us.
Entered Wreckers Cave
We entered the Wreckers' Cave. It seems as though something terrible happened here...
Found Terrified Dwarf
We found a surviving dwarf amidst the carnage and bodies on display in the cave. She seems to have been driven mad with fear after whatever she witnessed - we can't make much sense of what she says.
Got Dragged Underground
We were attacked by a Voidwoken creature, and dragged deeper into the cave.
We found Mordus in the depths of the cave. He transformed himself before our very eyes into a Voidwoken, leaving us no choice but to fight him.
We fought and defeated Mordus' Voidwoken form. Mordus became himself once again - a cowering, undead dwarf.
Mordus Told About Death Fog
Mordus told us that the Deathfog had been kept in the caverns for a time, but has since been smuggled to Arx.
Mordus Give Proof
Mordus gave us his amulet. We can claim that we killed Mordus when we return to Lohar, and use this as proof.
Mordus offered to help us deepen our grasp of Source power. In order to do so, we would have to consume the heart of a Voidwoken. We agreed.
Mordus offered to help us deepen our grasp of Source power. In order to do so, we would have to consume the heart of a Voidwoken. We refused to do such a thing.
- Mordus Told About Death Fog
Did Not Kill Boss
We arrived at the lair of the Voidwoken creature that was once Mordus, but it had already been defeated.
Mordus Drop Proof
Mordus is dead for good now. We should take some sort of proof of death from his remains.
- Mordus Drop Proof
A letter found in the Wrecker Cave, seemingly destined for a certain Hannag. It mentioned that a Deathfog Delivery Device had been recovered and was being repaired.
Know About Death Fog In Cave
We found evidence of Deathfog in the caverns. It seems that the weapon was originally part of the manifest of a Divine Order ship, the Peacemaker. It was evidently stolen and kept in storage here for a time.
Report Back to Lohar
Go back to Lohar after you deal with Mordus.
Showed Mordus Amulet To Lohar
We showed Mordus' Amulet to Lohar as proof that Mordus is dead.
- Showed Mordus Amulet To Lohar
Showed Mordus Amulet To Lohar Second
Someone else showed proof of Mordus' death before we had the chance.
Got Lilian Hostile
Lohar knows that we betrayed him to the Magisters. He is our enemy now - we can no longer complete any tasks for him.
Lohar is dead. We won't be able to report our findings to him now.
Close Left R C
We left Reaper's Coast without fulfilling Lohar's request.