- Wishful thinking is a side-quest in Divinity: Original Sin 2
- You can acquire this quest from a djinn in a lamp that can be found on the beach south west of Driftwood.
- Suggested level: 10
- Act 2
We came across a strange, ancient-looking lamp. The Djinn inside will grant your party one wish.
- On a beach southwest of Driftwood, you will find an Ancient Lamp lying on the ground. (x: 190, y:10)
- Rubbing the lamp will release a Djinn you can talk to.
- Ask him about wishes and he will grant you one.
- The [Intelligence] option will give the good reward.
- Any other speech check will result in a bad reward.
- The quest will be completed when your wish got fulfilled or the Jhinn is killed.
- Lamp worth 2000gp
- Wish for power
- good: Receive Djinn's Scimitar (One-Handed Sword).
- bad: Get hit by a lightning strike.
- Wish for wealth
- good: Receive Djinn's Gift (Amulet).
- bad: Receive Djinn's Gift (Amulet) that is marked as stolen.
- Wish for Knowledge
- good: Receive a random level 3 Skillbook.
- bad: Receive the book Children's Tales.
- Wish for Purge
- good: Receive a Hail Storm scroll
- bad: Your whole party gets blinded.
An enraged Djinn was inside the lamp. It broke free and proceeded to attack anyone within sight.
The Djinn is dead.
Transferred Bottle To Npc
Someone rubbed the lamp and unleashed an enraged Djinn that commenced to attack everyone in sight.
End Power Good
We wished for power, and the Djinn offered a magical scimitar.
End Power Bad
We wished for power. The Djinn responded by striking us with lightning.
End Riches Good
We wished for riches, and the Djinn gave us a necklace.
Cont Riches Bad
We wished for riches, and the Djinn gave us a necklace. Something seems odd about it, but we can't fathom what exactly...
End Riches Bad
The necklace that we received from the Djinn turned out to be stolen.
End Knowledge Good
We wished for knowledge, and the Djinn gave us a skillbook.
End Knowledge Bad
We wished for knowledge, and were rewarded with a book of childrens' tales.
End Purge Good
We wished for our enemies to be purged from our sight, and so the Djinn granted us a powerful scroll.
End Purge Bad
We wished for our enemies to be purged from our sight, and so the Djinn cursed us with blindness.
The Djinn is free, and left us its lamp.
We managed to imprison the Djinn in its lamp once more.
Close Left R C No Bottle
We have left Reaper's Coast, still bearing the strange lamp.