Tags are a dialog mechanic in Divinity: Original Sin 2
Tags determine how the environment interacts with your party members. Each playable character has a race, gender, profession and origin tag. Talking to characters with different party members will result in different dialog options according to their tags.
These Tags are bound to your character on its creation and won't change during a playthrough with some exceptions.
Gender & Race Tags
|Profession Tags||Origin Tags|
- You can obtain a new Profession Tag at the cost of an old as "reward" for helping the Sallow Man in Act 3.
- The Mask of the Shapeshifter (fane) allows you to change your race and obtain all its talents, skills and traits.
- Some tags can be obtained through equipment.
Some tags can be obtained during a playthrough depending the choices that have been made. Working towards some tags works like filling up an invisible bar while others can be obtained through talents or specific actions.
- Pet Pal: Obtained with the Pet Pal talent. Let's you talk to animals and is removed if you accept source from Hannag.
Hero: Obtained by repeatedly doing good deeds.
- Doing most sidequests will count towards the hero tag.
- Evil actions may compensate your good actions
- Demon: Obtained with the Demon talent. (maybe bugged for some people)
Villain: Obtained by repeatedly doing evil deeds.
- Killing innocent NPC's will count towards the villain tag.
- Killing Magisters Yarrow and Migo after they have been reunited will count towards the villain tag
- Consuming Spirits will count towards the villain tag.
- Good actions may compensate your evil actions.
- Arena Champion: Win the underground arena in fort joy.
- Champion of Driftwood: Win the Undertavern arena in Driftwood.
You can have the villain and the hero tag at the same time.